Disable a filter per site

gogo874102

Hi,
I was wondering if it was possible to disable a filter for a specific site.
An example:
Say that I visit www.example.com, a web site with good or non intrusive ads and I decide to support the authors by viewing their ads.
The only way to do this is by disabling adguard for the site.
The problem is that this way I also disable other filters like the ones that remove the various social network buttons and even the anti-malware ones.

I would like a way to selectively disable filters per site, this way I could disable only filters that remove ads on www.example.com but keep the other filters active
Thanks.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Example.com#@#
and then you add the part of the rule behind it for hiding rules.

@@||example.com^$generichide
If you wish to disable every generic hide rule, so only rules for that specific site are applied.

@@||url^$domain=example.com
for url block rules.

gogo874102

Example.com#@#
and then you add the part of the rule behind it for hiding rules.

@@||example.com^$generichide
If you wish to disable every generic hide rule, so only rules for that specific site are applied.

@@||url^$domain=example.com
for url block rules.
this works but if I have to unblock 10 or more urls it's actually faster to go to adguard's options and temporarily disable the ad blocking filters,
that's why I asked for a way to disable selected filters per site or url

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This makes sense, however it would be very difficult to implement due to the current logic of Adguard's filtering engine.

Schanzation

I was just about to request this same feature. something like in Ghostery. In ghostery have the ability to individually enable or disable scripts on a per site basis very easily.

Zeffor

I also had a similar thought. I was thinking that there could be 3 levels of blocking: None, Partial, and Full. You would define which filters are active for Partial and Full, and then you could set websites to one of the levels.

Kris

I need control per-site, per-tracker, to be able to enable and disable trackers. (something like ghostery) I would gladly pay $$ for this feature and it's the single thing preventing me from switching from Ghostery.

msxtj

It's 2020 now.

Can we please have this feature?

I have Youtube premium andI don't see any ads. Videos take forever to load and the moment I turn Adguard off, the videos load immediately.
I really need a way to prevent AdGuard to completely skip every single scan on the youtube.com domain. Youtube does make further calls to other domains than youtube.com. I need Adguard to stop filtering youtube.com and children-calls to other domains from there.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
For a temporary solution you can add this user rule:
@@||youtube.com^$document
And switch-on if it is necessary.