DNS filter and bettery cost of paid version

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for iOS)' started by callmedady, Oct 23, 2018.

1. callmedady

callmedady New Member

Hi dears
    I’ve been a user of AdGuard Pro not only iOS but pc.
    The pc version is too nice to complain about. However, the adguard for iOS. I have serveral problems with it.
    First, when I turned off the safari filter, the dns filters seem to stop working with blocking ads. There are only a few records of tracters blocking. And I m sure if anyone open that page without safari filters https://wap.xbiquge6.com/26_26189/1871495.html you can see ads. So does the dns really work?

Second, the three modes of vpn cost much bettery. Is that normal?

Thanks for your help

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@callmedady hi!

Did you notice this problem with insufficient blocking on different websites, or just on that one? If former, what are other examples of such websites?

And about your other question, how did you measure the battery consumption?

PS: this article should be of interest to you: https://adguard.com/en/blog/adguard-pro-discontinued/
    We plan to update AdGuard Pro in the near future, most likely we will have to strip it of VPN functionality.

3. callmedady

callmedady New Member

Oh, what a pleasure to see an admin of a such big firm and a big project replied my post!
    My purchase means I absolutely believe in adguard , and I do not care the piracy in my phone.
    Today morning, I was thinking why AdGuard Pro can still use the local vpn and dns filter blocking ads. And at later day, I just saw your reply, how sad.
    The problems I’ve posted seems meaningless now. Thanks for you still reply me.
    And the method for me to measure the bettery cost is funny! I had used another app to block ads by vpn, and I saw the update logs contained “improvements for endurance of bettery”. So I guess vpn might cost more power. Hahaha. In fact, when I was in ios5, the vpn did cost lots lots lots bettery!
    By the way, the dns filters are really suck!hahahahah! No anger.

(maybe! testfilght can be a cool thing!)