DNS setting

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You should choose what you like more.

System default will probably be the fastest DNS.
AG DNS - blocks phishing/malware and does not log your requests.
OpenDNS and Google DNS -- both are very fast and also block phish/malware.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also if you need to block adult sites, AG Family Protection or OpenDNS would be the obvious choice.

max2

Beta Tester
You should choose what you like more.

System default will probably be the fastest DNS.
AG DNS - blocks phishing/malware and does not log your requests.
OpenDNS and Google DNS -- both are very fast and also block phish/malware.
Thanks so System default still blocks ads system wide even in apps?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nope, but you now have system-wide ad blocking module which blocks ads whichever DNS you use.

max2

Beta Tester
Nope, but you now have system-wide ad blocking module which blocks ads whichever DNS you use.
I am confused then what dns settings do I use to block ads in apps as well like Adguard pro iOS use to work please? Thank you

Yavor Atanasov

Man, you contradict yourself here... :) So to be clearified: system-wide blocking using default DNS is possible/working or we have to choose your DNS servers (respectively openings or google dns)?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am confused then what dns settings do I use to block ads in apps as well like Adguard pro iOS use to work please? Thank you
Man, you contradict yourself here... :) So to be clearified: system-wide blocking using default DNS is possible/working or we have to choose your DNS servers (respectively openings or google dns)?
Guys, the thing is that system-wide ad blocking module does all the blocking locally, right on your device. It no more requires you to use a special DNS server, you may opt to use whichever DNS server you like or stick to your provider's DNS.

It uses the same filter as AG DNS, so ad blocking quality will be the same.

Yavor Atanasov

Guys, the thing is that system-wide ad blocking module does all the blocking locally, right on your device. It no more requires you to use a special DNS server, you may opt to use whichever DNS server you like or stick to your provider's DNS.

It uses the same filter as AG DNS, so ad blocking quality will be the same.
Thanks avatar. That's explains everything here. :)