ghostery and disconnect

:confused: Or can I delete it because Adguard filtered it too :confused:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I came from admuncher and want to know if I have to use stuff like:

ghostery and disconnect

:confused: Or can I delete it because Adguard filtered it too :confused:
There are no conflicts between them and Adguard but in my opinion you don't need them. Adguard does the same work better.

Dolfi

Banned
I still strongly recommended ghostery to privacy aware users, AdGuard has the wrong approach/concept - especially for social media!
Whilst Ghostery blocks all and you allow e.g. Facebook (or Disqus, Twitter, ...) on the few sites where you want to read e.g. a discussion AG allows all and you have to block it per site (user filter).
IMHO a pretty wrong way to operate (in matters of privacy).

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I still strongly recommended ghostery to privacy aware users, AdGuard has the wrong approach/concept - especially for social media!
Whilst Ghostery blocks all and you allow e.g. Facebook (or Disqus, Twitter, ...) on the few sites where you want to read e.g. a discussion AG allows all and you have to block it per site (user filter).
IMHO a pretty wrong way to operate (in matters of privacy).
Quote from https://blog.adguard.com/en/adguard-news/adguard-filter-policy.html
Social media filter
What shall be blocked with this filter?
1. Filter shall block social media widgets (on third-party websites) such as: “Like” and “Share” buttons, recommendation widgets and more.

Limitations and Exceptions
If a rule is subject to the list of limitations described below, then it won’t be added to this filter.

1. Widgets that are a part of website’s functionality are not blocked. Such as “Comments”, “Embedded Post”, “Surveys” widgets or authorization via social networks.
2. Links to website’s communities in social networks are not blocked.
3. Rules that cause problems with functioning of websites will be removed.
4. Rules that are specific to the particular website will be added only if the website has sufficient traffic. Traffic is determined by open statistics (if it has such) or in other ways. Website’s traffic is considered sufficient when it has 30 thousands visitors a month.