Do I need to do change any settings to make NordVPN when downloading torrents?

TheLand1987

I have NordVPN desktop app on my Windows 11 laptop and I use qBittorrent for torrenting. I am trying to figure out what is causing my download speeds to be between 15kb/s and 30kb/s. Do I need to do anything with adguard settings

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The slow down is probably due to torrent traffic on AdGuard VPN being tunneled to specific servers (to avoid things like DMCA takedowns) and those servers being at full load capacity almost all the time. Right now there's probably nothing that can be done to avoid the slowdowns until the AG team either launches more servers or makes improvements to the existing servers to decrease load on the servers.

My advice would be not to use torrents on AdGuard VPN right now because of this. Instead look at alternative options like a seedbox service.

valentineddy

The slow down is probably due to torrent traffic on AdGuard VPN being tunneled to specific servers (to avoid things like DMCA takedowns) and those servers being at full load capacity almost all the time. Right now there's probably nothing that can be done to avoid the slowdowns until the AG team either launches more servers or makes improvements to the existing servers to decrease load on the servers.

My advice would be not to use torrents on AdGuard VPN right now because of this. Instead look at alternative options like a seedbox service.
Thank you I will give it a look