Does Adguard block youtube ads?

Evan Wells

Hello everyone,
I love watching Youtube videos. Currently on Youtube there are a lot of advertisements that interrupt my viewing. So I want to use certain software to be able to block Youtube ads. Can Adguard be able to do that?
Hope everyone can answer for me. Thanks everyone.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
What platform? On Windows and Mac and Android within web browsers, yes it can. But if you mean the YouTube app on Android or iOS, no it cannot.

If Android is your platform, look into YouTube Vanced or NewPipe.

atimraz

Hello everyone,
I love watching Youtube videos. Currently on Youtube there are a lot of advertisements that interrupt my viewing. So I want to use certain software to be able to block Youtube ads. Can Adguard be able to do that?
Hope everyone can answer for me. Thanks everyone.
I would like also to add on Boo Berry answer, if you don't like watching youtube videos from web browsers on android or IOS consider buying indian youtube premium, it only costs around 1 US Dollar.

Accel

Beta Tester
I would like also to add on Boo Berry answer, if you don't like watching youtube videos from web browsers on android or IOS consider buying indian youtube premium, it only costs around 1 US Dollar.
i don't think we can buy it. not without indian cc / payment processor. tested it with indian vpn

atimraz

i don't think we can buy it. not without indian cc / payment processor. tested it with indian vpn
I am having indian account for the past year and to do that you need a couble of things done.
1-You need indian VPN
2-You need to create an indian payement profile on google with indian address in you payment.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
DNS and HOSTS ad blocking (AG DNS, AG Home, Pi-Hole, etc.) is not capable of blocking YouTube ads because Google serves them from the same servers they serve video content from. If you try to block the ads, you break the videos too.