Does Adguard is RSC WFP compatible driver ?

zIBiT

Administrator
Administrator
Hi, @x7007

We've got an answer:
What is RSC compatible:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh997024(v=ws.11).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

The driver can be marked as RSC compatible using FWP_CALLOUT_FLAG_ALLOW_RSC for FWPS_CALLOUT2:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/hardware/hh439700(v=vs.85).aspx

However, we use FwpsCalloutRegister1 and FWPS_CALLOUT1 which do not allow setting this flag. It is unclear from the documentation what's the default behavior in this case. It might be or not be RSC compatible.

In any case, it has almost zero influence on the performance.

x7007

Hi, @x7007

We've got an answer:
thanks, the rsc has effect on the packets in the system. the issue is when driver which has not compatible will disable rsc for the whole system. it effect the performance by not having large recive offload because in the drivers the moved to RSC and deleted the LRO support in the network drivers for windows 10 or so. I can still get LRO by using older driver but RSC should work better. if you don't know about LRO, for the server network cards and 1gig or 10gig connection, you need it. or RSC disabled or not supported.

zIBiT

Administrator
Administrator
I got it, thanks.

I've forwarded your message to our CTO, and he decided to try to build an RSC-compatible driver, but we'll need to test it thoroughly.

In addition, he also noticed that the important point about RSC is that it is not a complete offload, but a technique that allows merging TCP packets into a single one.

x7007

I got it, thanks.

I've forwarded your message to our CTO, and he decided to try to build an RSC-compatible driver, but we'll need to test it thoroughly.

In addition, he also noticed that the important point about RSC is that it is not a complete offload, but a technique that allows merging TCP packets into a single one.
Thanks ,

Yes I know, it's just heavy on the cpu . Also because I got sick of 4 Cores cpu, I got now AMD 1950x 16 cores/32 HT . I had 3770K before.