Does AdGuard make apps bypass the firewall?

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Android)' started by Kluriah, Jun 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Kluriah

Kluriah New Member

I have some apps which do show ads normally.
    I had tamed them with my firewall, but after activating Adguard in manual proxy mode they show adds again.
    My firewall say they connect to Amazon to get them SSL.

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Please give more details: what firewall do you use, what are those apps. How did you 'tame' ads with firewall, just restricted the internet access to those apps?

3. Kluriah

Kluriah New Member

The apps are norwegian apps named Mattilbud and Etilkbud. They have begun showing ads again.
    RE:member and Coop Mastercard don`t show ads as such, but they may spread personal info to ad networks.

I have the NoRoot firewall.
    With that I was able to stop their connections to the ad networks only, while allowing necessary connections to make them work.

If you need more info just ask.

But you did not really answer my topic name.
    I had hoped to use them both together for youtube and my browsers

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Adguard for Android has its own firewall - it's highly recommended to use it if you're going to be using Adguard for Android. There was a beta build for Adguard for Android released today. If you want to try it to see if your issue(s) are resolved you can download it from this link: https://adguard.com/apkb

Also YouTube will currently show ads regardless due to it using HTTPS - Adguard for Android has limited HTTPS filtration support, however full HTTPS filtration support won't come until 1.4.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  5. Kluriah

Kluriah New Member

Thanks for the tip about the beta.
    After uninstalling the fw and installing the beta I noticed a new firewall category in the settings.
    Now the ads in the apps is gone. The placeholders is still there though.
    This leads me to think that all connections out are allowed and the incoming ads are blocked.
    It would be better if it would ask about outgoing connections like a normal fw.
    Is this possible?

6. Alex302

Alex302 Filters Developer Staff Member Administrator

Hi
    Can you upload screenshots of ads, list of filters, and instructions how to see ads/placeholders? And download link for "Etilkbud". I can't find it in Android market.

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

And please try this rules in user filter:
    Code:
    ||adquota.com^$empty
    ||widespace.com^$empty
    ||adform.com^$empty