Download AdGuard previous versions?

AdamSwine

hello. is there any way to download older versions of this for Windows?

ever since version 7 released i get a 'Secure Connection Failed' on a regular basis. this happens like a half-dozen times per day. i know it is AdGaurd, and more specifically only since version 7. and re-installing certs both through AdGuard and manually have no effect.

i can disable/uninstall AdGaurd completely and browse for weeks never getting the error. using a different browser extension and never the error. the moment i start using AdGaurd again, the error comes back.

all-in-all, the error never occurred using version 6. anyway to get back the old version?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@AdamSwine
Hello there!
We are sorry that you have encountered some problems in using our application.
Can you reproduce it on Nighty version?
But you can always use 6.4. version (here the link).

Do not forget to turn off automatic updates.
And stay tuned :)

AdamSwine

i don't entirely know how to re-produce it. the issue only started to happen when first using version 7. actually, the first time i used v7 was in a nightly update back when still using v6. i have been using v6 for quite some time and decided to hold of on v7 until hopefully the issue was fixed. it has been quite some time and some updates were released to v7 since. sadly, the issue still occurs and i wasn't able to find a download to v6 from the main website.

my current configuration in v7... everything is at default as per configured during installation with Stealth Mode disabled.

i have tried disabling the only 2 things i can tell that seem to be new to v7 from v6. which is the enable TLS 1.3 and the AdGaurd Extra, but to no avail.

well... i am going to see about letting the client update on its own to latest Nightly release and see what happens. if it doesn't update, i will use the setup.exe you linked. worst case scenario, i can at least now go back to the latest v6 build. not very ideal, but it still works and will be worth it to get rid of the error.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Using Firefox, perhaps? If so, try setting filter updates to 12 hours and see if the error becomes less frequent.

AdamSwine

it occurs in all browsers, even ones that are excluded. the only application i have enabled through AdGaurd is actually Firefox.

going to Settings>Network>List of filtered applications... the only thing i have it enabled on is Firefox. Firefox is my default browser, but i still use Chrome for things like taking online surveys. and even though AdGaurd is not enabled for other browsers, the issue still occurs even in Chrome. when using Chrome i just completely exit AdGuard. obviously a big issue to get the error in the middle of a survey -_^

none-the-less, i will still try setting the filter update and see what happens. :) however, it says the last update for base filter, my only enabled filter aside from use filter, is on 7/17/2019 9:30AM. and is version 2.0.63.82.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Are you using any antivirus/antimalware software? If so, what? To me it *kinda* sounds like a possible antivirus application incompatibility, hence the question.

AdamSwine

not currently. and even have built-in Windows Defender/Security and Firewall disabled. also firewall disabled in router too. sadly, i don't have the password to access the modem directly.

well... i am pretty certain it is related to AdGaurd. the first time i used v7 was during a nightly release. i don't know what exact version number it was, but it was v7. so between that early v7 and the current v7 the issue is still persistent. whereas the issue has never been there with the usage of v6. like, i haven't had the issue since the last time using v7 which was that nightly release i updated to while using v6. after waiting for some more updates and v7 getting pushed to the stable/release channel, i try it again and the problem is back.

Last edited:

AdamSwine

it is pretty much a week now since installing v6 now. so far so good and no 'secure connection failed' errors yet. definitely seems related to v7.

is there any way we can figure out exactly what about v7 could be causing this?

Last edited:

amekassa90

it is pretty much a week now since installing v6 now. so far so good and no 'secure connection failed' errors yet. definitely seems related to v7.

is there any way we can figure out exactly what about v7 could be causing this?
ever since version 7 released i get a 'Secure Connection Failed' on a regular basis. this happens like a half-dozen times per day. i know it is AdGaurd, and more specifically only since version 7. and re-installing certs both through AdGuard and manually have no effect.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Try increasing the filter update check period to 12 hours to 2 days and see if the number of those secure connection failed messages decreases.