Doze/lockdown option/feature/button

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Android)' started by bebotette, Aug 13, 2018.

1. bebotette

bebotette New Member

Seven's adclear update - and also netguard for this case - has this feature they call doze. Practically what it does is that, you have the option to totally lockdown traffic when the screen is off. Main reasons for this is to save battery life, and data as well.
    I have used netguard and this feature within, and I find it really useful in specific instances. I wonder if we could add this option to adguard. Adguard already has a superior firewall department, and it does it really well.

2. gustms

gustms Member

You can do that already in the Apps management section. Either do it using Bulk Change (three dots menu in upper right) or change per-app as needed. Options are: cellular data when screen is off and wi-fi data when screen is off.

3. bebotette

bebotette New Member

Thanks but I'm already well-aware of those settings, which is another reason why I made this post. I'm looking for a toggle, or an option, that can quickly do this. Like it netguard, there's even a notification tile for 'lockdown traffic.' And about your suggestion to do 'bulk change' which I know, it will reset all the current firewall settings I have (I already have some apps that are blocked in firewall). And again, I'm also suggesting the option to lockdown traffic only if screen off.