Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal bluescreen error

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Romanov Jaeger, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Romanov Jaeger

Romanov Jaeger New Member

If i turn the adguard on, bluescreen shown on display during web surfing.

Edge 14, Windows 10 14393.5 bulid

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi! Is it possible to attach here a screenshot of the abovementioned error?

3. Romanov Jaeger

i can't be able to take bluescreen screenshot

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Try this...

1. Disable Adguard completely (might have to temporarily uninstall Adguard if disabling doesn't prevent the BSOD).

2. Open Microsoft Edge and go to about:flags

3. Make sure Enable TCP Fast Open is unchecked.

Pretty sure this is the same issue reported over a week ago where having TCP Fast Open enabled causes a BSOD upon opening Microsoft Edge.

5. Romanov Jaeger

Thank you. Solve a problem

6. Ryder

Ryder New Member

Wow so that's what caused it. I was really bummed about not being able to use my lifetime license because of the bluescreen. Glad to know this is what fixes it.

Is this something that will be fixed soon so we can leave TCP Fast Open enabled?

7. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

The development team is working on a new WFP driver which *should* eventually support TCP Fast Open and workaround all existing incompatibilities with antivirus products. Last I heard, the new WFP driver has either nearly reached or has reached the alpha stage. (You guys should have an open task on Github documenting the progress of the new WFP driver. :p)

@avatar, can anything be done at least to stop the BSOD from happening in the first place in the meantime? Perhaps a warning if the feature is enabled? I know in 6.1 you can disable TCP Fast Open from advanced settings.

8. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I don't really understand how it comes that the guys from this thread have it enabled:) You know, the TCP Fast Open option is disabled by default in both Edge and Chrome.

This feature is very problematic and I don't mean just the drivers issues. Having it enabled you may lose connectivity with some random servers.

9. SKIBA

SKIBA Beta Tester

And he writes me in an event log that your driver is not certified by Microsoft and can cause problems. It might be worth that Microsoft has tested the driver and derives as Certified . I personally turned off the driver in the program settings , because I do not use applications Modern.

10. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This testing is required for hardware drivers only. For software drivers it will slow down the development process a lot.