Eblocker

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
500K? I suppose they have got a great media coverage.

We are thinking about such solution right now, as it always happens with us, we do everything too late:(

Anyway, I hope they won't fail as adstop. I fear that one more failed hardware blocker will bury the idea.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Currently I'm waiting for a reply from them regarding upgradability from 1 year to Lifetime after the kickstarter.

According to some user tests it is good so far, just no HTTPS yet (but planned with next update).

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Lifetime will be available in their online Shop. I ordered 1 year family pack to test it.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What's interesting is how do they suggest to set up your wi-fi router.

I just don't understand, how do they filter traffic with only one ethernet cable.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
We will see when it arrives.

Sadly one of the discount lifetime backers dropped out nearly before the end of the campaign, I hate such behaviour...

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We will see when it arrives.

Sadly one of the discount lifetime backers dropped out nearly before the end of the campaign, I hate such behaviour...
Thank you, looking forward to hearing more about this device.

I like it much more than adstop (which was more like "install squid on a device and call it an ad blocker").

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Their support is a bit strange. First they take a lot of time to process Shop order and then it seems they ignored my cancel mail due to missing coupon for kickstarter backers (for lifetime license).

lollenderrofler

Beta Tester
@Blaz did you receive your unit? I built my own one with a Banana Pi and tested it for about two months. Then I turned it off again, it was messing up my web-experience more than it helped. Still I like the idea of one device which filters all traffic in a local LAN. Maybe in a year or so the eBlocker will be more ready to roll out, at the moment in my opinion too early to really use it. Then I was looking for a way to filter all traffic in my LAN through Adguard and now I am reading you guys are thinking of such a device. With your background-knowledge maybe it would be a better approach!

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
So far they have not shipped the backers rewards yet.

Tiago Calhau

I have and use Adguard along with eBlocker.

What I realized was:

eBlocker only blocks something when Adguard does not. At something like 95% of the time Adguard blocks more than eBlocker.

Anyway, I use both and I recommend it. I love my eBlocker as I love my Adguard. In addition to them I still use Cookie for macOS.

Accel

Beta Tester
I have and use Adguard along with eBlocker.

What I realized was:

eBlocker only blocks something when Adguard does not. At something like 95% of the time Adguard blocks more than eBlocker.

Anyway, I use both and I recommend it. I love my eBlocker as I love my Adguard. In addition to them I still use Cookie for macOS.
is it work as advertised? we do not have to set everything?

i am intereted about how they reroute all the traffic to eblocker machine

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
For HTTPs you have to install a certificate if I remember it correct. But it is a few months ago since I last used it, I required the LAN port for something else.

Last edited:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
reading on telegram you have a plan for hardware implementation??
This was the main reason why we decided to start developing the new filtering engine (codename CoreLibs). All the platform-specific implementations we had (Android/Win/Mac) were too slow on ARM processors.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Btw, "proxy" approach to filtering is not too good for mobile devices.

It works okay on the desktop (nothing prevents you from installing a certificate, also SSL pinning is not a thing on the desktop), but on Mobile devices, it is a real pain. Dozens of apps use SSL pinning, Android does not trust user certificates by default. To handle these cases we need to know what app are we filtering, and it's not possible for a proxy installed on your router.

Tiago Calhau

Yes. It works as advertised yes! I'm not sure how it works! But I can guarantee it works as advertised. Anyone who has a Raspberry Pi or Banana Pi can download the trial version on their website and see for themselves.
is it work as advertised? we do not have to set everything?

i am intereted about how they reroute all the traffic to eblocker machine