Embedded Hulu video won't play

Discussion in 'False Positives' started by streetwolf, Sep 29, 2014.

1. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  2. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

Nothing?

3. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I can not test this due to location.

4. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

I understand that you can't get to the site because of location but that really isn't an acceptable answer as far as AG support goes. More filter testers/fixers are needed in different parts of the world then. Also, I thought there was a way around location problems with extensions in browsers.

btw... I disabled all the filters with hulu in them but that didn't help.

5. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Your response has kind of miffed me off so i'll keep it short and sweet and nicer than what i just wrote.

Im not support, i donate my time helping you and others when i can with filters, you are more thn welcome to chip in at anytime.

6. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

You took it all wrong, Nameless. Notice I said for AG support, maybe should have said 'official', it was unacceptable, not for folks like you just trying to help.

Which begs the question... who exactly are the official AG representatives here?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  7. mysteriously

mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

With my set of filters and on Chrome the into doesn't play but the main video plays. However there is some hiccup: it took ~15 seconds to start

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  8. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

the main video doesn't play no matter how long I wait. Same thing happens in IE11. Also, using AG assistant to allow ads for 30 seconds doesn't work either. Disabling the filter or AG itself is the only way to get the main video to play. The little intro plays fine for me.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Some more info. I disabled AG and installed AdBlock Edge add-on. I used the same filters; Easylist, EasyPrivacy, and Fanboy's Annoyance list. The Hulu main video played just fine after a very short video ad.

9. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi @streetwolf!

Fixed it now (in English filter). Sorry for the delay, hulu issues are always difficult to fix.

Need some more time to understand why there are no problem in extension (hulu works ok in our extension too, even with old filters).

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Finally I have found the problem why sometimes extension and program blocking was different.

Thank you, @streetwolf! We'll release one more patch for 5.10 soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  10. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Hi Streetwolf as i just said in that PM, sorry for having ago at you it was unfair.