enable EasyList filters ONLY when the user visit a foreign domain

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by freshhh, Nov 26, 2014.

1. freshhh

freshhh Active Member

Enable the specific EasyList foreign filter needed ONLY when the AdGuard detect the user want to visit a foreign domain (.fr .be .it .pl .ru .cn .jp ...).

Why? So it's dynamic & more "light" in ressources.

2. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Wouldnt this actually make pages load slower seeing as the application now has to run a check and this check would have to be on every page you loaded and page refresh. Also what if a site use's a domain just to make their site sound cool.

3. freshhh

freshhh Active Member

Are you sure a reload cannot be avoided?

It could be a solved by a condition in the code if ".fr" then run #countryfilter or goto script line ## if not run or goto line ## nope?

Of course I'm aware some websites use foreign domain to sound cool but that's not a big deal if an extra protection is activated for a short time only on this domain...

Why I'd like to see a dynamic filtering is because I'm pretty sure users like me are surfing many websites from many languages and if all filters are activate for every pages it will be very slow. I'm quite experiencing it atm btw.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
  4. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It will make filtering unpredictable. Now we know which filters do you use and can check what's wrong with them.

Now we have "auto-detect" feature which enables language-specific filter if you often visit sites with that language.

We may also add "audo-disable" for language-specific filters (if you don't visit sites with that language for a long time).
    It's doable but rather hard to implement properly.