Error updating filters

jakevita

Capture.PNG

Every time i start up windows i try to update the filters and i get this. I have to exit adguard open it again and wait few minutes to start and update them.

I have to click this every time to fix it.
Capture.PNG

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Check your HOSTS file for any adguard.com domains listed there and remove them.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
@Boo Berry
Hosts file is very likely not the culprit as when AdGuard is closed and restarted it works.

Please check event viewer for errors. Is the latest stable version working fine?
Any Antivirus program installed and If yes, please try to disable it for testing purposes.

Moved from Mac forum to Windows forum.

jakevita

So i checked the event viewer and there nothing about adguard the last few days, i don't use any antivirus btw.

This been happening from version 7.4 till now. But it happen only when i start up my device not always for example i just start the device up now and i update successful.

jakevita

So i did shutdown 2 more times and now i keep getting the error again. In event log the only thing there is from Adguard is this:

Service started successfully. - PowerEvent handled successfully by the service.

I am gonna sent support ticket with diagnostic report hopefully i get an answer.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Ah, actually since you're using the nightly version it might be related to that. I've noticed several bugs in the current nightly builds including AG's service using nearly 2GB of RAM and crashing when trying to visit Netflix's website.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, dear @jakevita!

Is there a problem with updating filters only if you try to update them immediately after the system startup?

For first I would advise you to scan the system for errors. How to do it is described in this article.
If after scanning and rebooting the issue hasn't gone away, I would like to ask you to collect logs.
Received archive can be sent at PM.