Experiencing Major Network Speed Drop

coolbeans

I have been using Adguard extensions on all my browsers for some time, and have been very happy with it. Then I decided to give "Adguard for Windows" a try. Thought it would be a more convenient and effective way to have universal ad blocking. But, here's my problem: I have Gigabit Internet connected to my desktop. I normally get ~800-1000 Mbps throughput both ways. After I installed Adguard, my speeds dropped to 500-600 Mbps for download and 800-900 for uploads. The upload speed is of course not an issue, but the download speed drop is a problem. So, is there a way to minimize Adguard's impact on throughput; perhaps certain settings, etc.? Extensions don't have the same problem, btw.

zIBiT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello!

Which versions of Adguard and Windows do you use? Are there any anti-virus or anti-malware software installed?

And which method of speed testing did you use?

Last edited:

coolbeans

Hi, thank you for responding. I have uninstalled AFW for now and gone back to using browser extensions, until I can figure out a solution, but I believe it was v6.1. My system is Win 10 Pro 64-bit. Regarding anti-virus: I have tired it three ways: With Kaspersky IS, Avast, and simply Windows Defender. The problem is the same.

The following are the two speed tests I perform:

Broadband Speedtest by FiOS: https://www.verizon.com/SpeedTest/instantinternet.aspx

Speedtest by Ookla: http://beta.speedtest.net/

Last edited:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
After I installed Adguard, my speeds dropped to 500-600 Mbps for download and 800-900 for uploads
It might happen indeed, though usually, it drops to 700-800 though.

This issue will be resolved eventually when we finish with the new network stack development.

coolbeans

It might happen indeed, though usually, it drops to 700-800 though.

This issue will be resolved eventually when we finish with the new network stack development.
Hi Andrey,

Thank you for the response. When do you expect that to be? Thanks.