Export/import for the whitelist

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (Browser Extensions)' started by kurtextrem, Apr 18, 2014.

1. kurtextrem

kurtextrem New Member

I have pretty many pages whitelisted. You should be able to export them as well.

Also, the export is not working for the user filters. It opens the filters in a new tab, but if you save it, it contains just code (and script tags). A textbox for copy and pasting would be better I assume.

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Good idea!

I've got something to add to this one too, since it's related. I noticed if I import my Adguard user filters into the extension, any whitelist entries are added to the blocklist as-is and not imported automatically to the whitelist instead.

3. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Having a quick look at the extension i have to agree saving the filters as a txt file would be better than a new tab.

As for splitting whitelist entries from from the imported filter list i dont think the extension would be able to do that, but then ive never looked into this stuff, though if whitelists added to the filter list also worked then that would fix that issue if it was possible?

Have to admit from the 5minute look of the extension it looked pretty nice!

4. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree.

I think it would be strange. Image you adding rule to user filter and then it's gone and appeared in whitelist.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Impossible in Chrome

5. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

That sucks.

Also, what Boo Berry is saying is.

If i whitelisted 50 websites in the application and then used another computer and installed the extension and imported my list of sites i would have to manually add them 50 exceptions, is it not possible for the extension to add them whitelists automatically? Or will the user have to extract them and make a second text file and import it into the whitelist?

Without knowing what can and can not be done i dont if you are forced to use two text files (blocked / white list) or can somehow combine the code to one text file and extract to the right areas.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  6. avatar

We'll add whitelist export in the next version. I think exporting them separately is better because these sections are separate in extension's settings.

7. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

And it'll import whitelist entries from the application export file? Meaning, it'll only import the whitelist rules and nothing else in this case?

8. avatar

Only whitelist.

Whitelist export/import will be just a list of domains
    User filter export/import -- list of rules

9. kurtextrem

kurtextrem New Member

10. avatar