Exporting tables in phpMyAdmin stalls

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Morpheus, Feb 5, 2014.

  1. Morpheus

    Morpheus Beta Tester

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2013
    Messages:
    28
    Running the latest version of AdGuard 5.8, and beta 5.9. It doesn't matter which version or browser (IE11 or FF26) used.

    I go to my hosting site, activate CPanel, activate phpMyAdmin, select my database, select all the tables, tap the Export button, select the filename, and tap download.

    The download starts at an extremely slow rate, and after a couple of minutes the transfer rate slowly goes to 0 bytes per second.

    If I completely disable AdGuard the transfer completes in less than a minute. I've tried to use the AdGuard assistant at the page just before I tap the Export button, and Adding Exception, but it doesn't work.

    I can't even find where the exceptions are viewed, so I'm not sure it has even added one?
     
  2. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    12,866
    Hi! You can see exceptions in your User Filter (in extended interface, "Settings" - "Ad Blocker").

    Any large download is slow or database dump download only?
     
  3. Morpheus

    Morpheus Beta Tester

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2013
    Messages:
    28
    Yes it appears only to happen with that one particular download.

    I found the exceptions. I added the IP and host name as an exception, but it never made a difference.

    With AdGuard enabled the transfer starts in KB bytes, and eventually drops to 0 bytes transferring. When I disable AdGuard completely the transfer starts on in MB bytes and completes in the normal amount of time.

    I have tried turning off almost all the options I could one at a time testing the download until under 'Protection' the 'Protection is Disabled' is grayed out, and the icon in the system tray is Red. After AdGuard is completely disabled the transfer operates as normal. With the browser still on I can 'Enable' AdGuard completely and the transfer is still working as normal. Once I stop and restart the browser the transfer fails with AdGuard activated.
     
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  4. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    12,866
    We will test it with phpMyAdmin. My guess is that phpMyAdmin's response looks like ordinary web page.
    So Adguard starts filtering it as an ordinary web page instead of bypassing response to the client.