Extremely slow internet when AdGuard enabled

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by TitaniumMoon, May 9, 2018.

1. TitaniumMoon

TitaniumMoon New Member

When AdGuard is enabled, My internet slows down dramatically to the point it is painful to browse. I don't have any miscellaneous software installed.

I have tried the following:

1. Uninstall/Reinstall AdGuard
    2. Reset AdGuard settings
    3. Turn off extensions (userscripts)
    4. Turn off WFP network driver filtering
    5. Speed Tests

When AdGuard is disabled, I get 17MBPS. When AdGuard is enabled, it goes down to 4MBPS. It is driving me f**king insane.

I find that using uBlock Origin works and doesn't slow down my browsing. Is there anything more I can do?

2. Although I too have noticed that AdGuard is slow but not to the extent that you have posted.

Try this, AG tray icon > right click > advanced > settings > disable/uncheck - use localhost for injections.

Restart browser and if possible PC also and then see if it makes a change.

3. TitaniumMoon

TitaniumMoon New Member

I'll test this out for a couple hours and report back!

4. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Did it work?

Also, I figured you don't have any AV software and the like, but it never hurts to ask.

5. TitaniumMoon

TitaniumMoon New Member

It did but downloads are slow. I only use Windows Defender

6. In my testing also, I have felt compatibility issues with WD and no AV situation.

@TitaniumMoon What happens if you use a download manager like IDM or jdownloader or likewise?
    Although the first evidence of why local.adguard.com is hampering your speed that much is questionable as well.

7. TitaniumMoon

TitaniumMoon New Member

I don’t use download managers as when I used Windows 7 way back when, they hosted malware

8. Sorry that’s all I could help.
    Hope someone from the team comes quickly and help you after all they promise 24/7 support.

9. @TitaniumMoon I'm sorry nobody came to help you, it's almost 2 days now since you last replied.
    Clearly, the 24/7 support is an advertisement gimmick.

[​IMG]

10. vasily_bagirov

It is not, but it refers the first line support at support@adguard.com. We don't have employees who are monitoring the forum 24/7, so the answers can take time, especially on weekends.

I'm only asking because slowdowns are caused by compatibility problems vast majority of the time. Did you contact support@adguard.com and send any logs there? If not, we might ask you to.

11. .

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  12. vasily_bagirov

@The Commissioner that's because we have support, and we have forum. Users can receive technical support on forum, but it's not the only, and I would even say not the main purpose.

I don't think this has to be clarified, and I don't expect an average user to think otherwise.

13. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

I was always under the impression that the main source for support is through the support email with the forums being a secondary source of support. I mean, it's kinda obvious when the AG apps have embedded support email forms that are used when reporting an issue.

14. .

15. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

@TitaniumMoon how exactly are you measuring the speed? A speed test? If so, which one? Are you actually observing a drop in speed (e.g. when downloading files) or are you going by what a speedtest is measuring?

Well, that's how I've always interpreted it. Keep in mind, I'm interpreting it as just an ordinary, normal AG user because I am just an ordinary, normal AG user. ;)

16. .

17. vasily_bagirov

This is really not the place to hold this discussion, so I'll add one more reply to this and will delete all subsequent posts on this topic in here. Anyone interested in further discussion can feel free to create a new thread in the "Offtopic" section.

We state that we provide 24/7 support, which literally means "You can receive support's help at any time of day, any day". Which is true, you can do so by sending an email to support team. Nowhere we state that you can do it anywhere. By such logic, we would have to immediately reply to every post on reddit, in social media, to every message sent to any other adguard-related email address etc. This is ridiculous, and is completely unreasonable to expect. We do not artificially inflate descriptions to our services to cover every imaginable (unreasonable) assumption.

It is important to understand that 1st line support (the 24/7 one) is not capable of any in-depth analysis of the problem. Their job is to answer typical questions, provide solutions to typical issues and escalate any standout cases to the 2nd line. Guys at 1st line support don't monitor the forum, and those who do can not be here at all times (although I should say that mostly we answer within 24 hours, save for weekends).

@Boo Berry is not part of AG team, he is only a moderator on the forum.

I can try to explain, but it will take more time and effort than I am willing to spend here and now. If you are determined to get an answer, please create a separate thread for this.

18. TitaniumMoon

TitaniumMoon New Member

Considering I didn’t pay for the PC Version (I beta test), It doesnt’t matter to me how long the issue lasts. As long as Adguard is able to prevent this from happening to other people, It’s all good.

19. TitaniumMoon

TitaniumMoon New Member

I am using Speedtest.net, Google Speedtest and downloading iTunes.

With Adguard enables, I get the results in the first post, and downloads can take up to 30 minutes. When disabled, its cut down to less than 2 minutes.

I should note, that it seems ro be affecting Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome more than Firefox as Firefox seems to have no problem.

Would a diagnostic report be nice? I can send you one via email, or i could sent you it via forum

Edit: Sorry for the late response, I’ve had a busy week with a small site I create a mobile app for

20. TitaniumMoon

TitaniumMoon New Member

Any updates? I’ve sent two emails both about 3-4 days away from each other