Facebook comments blocking

Jongsoo

Hi all,

I am very new to customizing rules so please pardon my "newbiness".

Here is the issue:
I am regularly visiting a facebook Page (which I don't own), occasionally commenting its posts. Unfortunately, much of the comments are, let's say, not to my taste. There is an easy way to not see them, by blocking the user. This works perfectly fine, no drama, everyone is happy. Now, I don't know if it's some kind of loophole that some users are exploiting or what, but it so happens that some user started to posts comments not as Facebook users, but as a Facebook Pages. And there, there doesn't seem to be a way to block them. You can block the page itself all you want, but the comments are still visible. The only thing the Facebook blocking seems to do is prevent you from replying to them. So, I thought I would try to address the issue using Adguard. And actually it worked, all comments from that particular page dosappeared. BUT, not in a "clean" way (at least I think so).
Here is the filter I created after many failed attempts:

facebook.com#?#._4eek:contains(Annoying page with an unusual name)
The problem with this method, I think, is that if in the future I get to block a page with a common name, it might remove many legit comments containing the same words.
Attached is the structure of a Facebook comment. My idea would be to target instead the unique user ID 0000000000000 (changed by myself for privacy) to make sure the rule only targets that particular Page. I think it doesn't work with "Contains". Does anyone know what would do the trick?

Thanks for reading!

Capture d’écran 2020-08-09 à 16.36.45.png

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
facebook.com#?#li > div > div[aria-label="Commenter"]:has(> div > a[data-hovercard^="ajax/hovercard/user.php?id=0000000000000"])

Jongsoo

Awesome, thank you very much!
It didn't seem to work at first, and while trying to understand the way the rule is built, I noticed there was a slight difference in the "ajax..." part: there is an extra "/" in the page's source code, so I tried to add it, and then it worked :)
I should be able to start making my own simple rules with a bit more ease now.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I am glad it works. I noticed it now too the code is missing.