Facebook News Feed is shortened by AdGuard

Discussion in 'AdGuard for Chrome and Opera' started by Wittier, Apr 14, 2019 at 5:01 PM.

1. Wittier

Wittier New Member

I've been using AdGuard for years. It's the Chrome Extension.

The new thing I'm observing is that with AdGuard extension enabled on facebook.com in Chrome, when I page down in FB News Feed, it eventually stops getting more content. Normally I could keep scrolling down and FB would load more items.

With AdGuard turned off, this issue goes away.

2. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Staff Member Moderator

Is it showing something like "Like new friends" etc.?
    Which filters do you have active? Is it working fine when you install Windows app?

I tried with usual filters on latest Chrome Extension and I scrolled down for about a minute and it would still load content then.

Wittier likes this.
  3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

This is happening to me too.

Wittier likes this.
  4. Wittier

Wittier New Member

Thanks.

I got rid of 2 lines of User Filter that mentioned facebook. These may have been added based on earlier threads (long time ago) where some ads were getting through on FB or I could have added them by using tools in AdGuard to target ads that were getting past the standard filters.

The filters I have are:
    • AdGuard Base Filter
    • AdGuard Tracking Protection Filter
    • AdGuard Annoyances Filter
    • Filter unblocking search ads and self-promotion
    • AdGuard French, German, Russian, Spanish/Portugues Filters
    No other User Filters

For a short time the problem seemed to have waned but it is back now. I got 16 items in my News Feed before it stopped giving me new items.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 7:57 PM
  5. Boo Berry

6. Wittier

Wittier New Member

The behavior remains strange. With AdGuard disabled on facebook.com, I still hit a page end on News Feed. (not normal). With AdGuard enabled, I hit a page end (no new content) much sooner. The behavior is inconsistent, but much worse with AdGuard enabled. I have no user scripts at this time, but the issue remains at this time when AdGuard is enabled. I've tried clearing my Chrome cache, deleting fb cookies a few times.

7. Boo Berry

It could be because Facebook is messing with their website.

8. Wittier

Wittier New Member

Yeah. Twitter confirms something's up. AdGuard just magnifies the issue.

upload_2019-4-14_18-43-42.png

we don't know if any of the Twitter posters are using any ad blockers.

9. Boo Berry

It doesn't work even without an ad blocker. For example top stories for the news feed *barely* works, most recent is completely broken, etc. Looks like Facebook has been having issues for days now.

10. Wittier

Wittier New Member

Performance varies. But with AdGuard disabled, at one check yesterday I got 26 page downs on FB before running out of more posts to read. Just now, 41 page downs.

With AdGuard enabled on FB, I got only 2 or 3 page downs. After again disabling AdGuard on fb, the effect takes a while to abate, but it does.

So something is wrong at fb, but enabling AdGuard exacerbates the problem -- to the extent that I couldn't possibly use fb with AdGuard enabled at this time.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 1:54 PM
  11. Boo Berry

Definitely can't reproduce that - for me, it's screwed up with or without AG (or any ad blocker for that matter).