Facebook's "loading more images" breaks with AdGuard

Nameless

Beta Tester
AdGuard for windows, chrome, firefox, opera??

Also a screenshot of what you mean would help, i have no idea what "loading more images" is or where about from.

randomusername

Beta Tester
Well, my testing setup is in my signature. ;-)
AdGuard for Windows.

And - if you open a Facebook photo album page which contains a lot of images and scroll down - Facebook tries to paginate them: first only a few photos are shown, more when you reach the end of the page. In theory.

Nameless

Beta Tester
Yeh sorry didnt see that i had been awake for over 24hours again, i'll o and browse thougha friends photos im sure one my female friends has hundreds lol

edit:
Just been scrolling though my friends pictures for the past 5-10 minutes and had no issues with chrome, sure the pages started to load a little slower from time to time but with the amount of images is was catching it does not surprise me.

I did this test on my laptop which is the weaker of my machines too i5, 4gb ram.

I may try it with FF later, but i find that has alot of issues with facebook anyway its always not responding in my case and has to sort it self out.

Last edited by a moderator:

randomusername

Beta Tester
Enabled: English, German, "Spyware" and my own Whitelist-only "User" filter.

The log states the request for /photos was blocked by the "filter rule" "null". Ehm, what?

Nameless

Beta Tester
Wait for alex to check i guess, but working my end.
Like i said i went though one my friends albums and went through hundreds of pictures without an issue other than a little lag.

@Alex - On the page linked to yes, i checked the albums then album with 29 pics in without an issue.

randomusername

Beta Tester
There are only 9 photos. Too little to enable scrolling.
Probably "friends of friends" see more. Sorry. I didn't know that.
"German Facebook" generally seems to have issues like that. If it's a problem on my side, I wonder where it should come from. I double-checked with Opera, so it's not a thing in my browser.

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Probably "friends of friends" see more. Sorry. I didn't know that.
"German Facebook" generally seems to have issues like that. If it's a problem on my side, I wonder where it should come from. I double-checked with Opera, so it's not a thing in my browser.
Try in other browser.
Can you write a direct link to page with problem?

Nameless

Beta Tester
If this is your friends facebook then you can see more than us as were limited to what we can see. However clicking on things on my friends facebook accounts ive had no issues but then again im using chrome because as i said before firefox is horrendous for facebook use imo. Its always crashing/lagging just when im scrolling my feed something chrome does not do.

I think the best thing to do is to take a screenshot of what you mean, so we can see the issue and then try and replicate it.