Facelift of Assistant

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Bushido, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Bushido

Bushido Member

Hi,

I wish that there will be three options: small, medium and large.
    Small should be the small of previous version of Assistant, medium should be what the new version calls small and large should be what the new version calls large.
    The present "small" is the "big" of previous version of Assistant. The small of previous version used to be less eye catching.
    upload_2018-2-10_18-2-0.png
    upload_2018-2-10_18-2-28.png

Best Regards,

2. Phonemes

Phonemes Member

I second that: the new assistant icon is too large to my liking.

3. UMX

UMX Member

+1

in general:
    - adding features (new icon size) is cool
    - fixing bugs is cool
    - removing/changing working features is very uncool¹

Sometimes I ask myself if software designers (here: your UX 'engineers') use their own products at all. It should be obvious that removing the small icon is disturbing (wasting screen space, distracting, ...). Moles still can use the larg(er) icons - but why take the small ones away from productivity-focused users?!

¹ see Microsoft with their ribbons! Cool idea, great for beginners and casual users. Removing the menues completely is what I hate them for (and brought up a mentionable market for a 50$-addon: ClassicMenue for Office)

4. ag_bug_finder

ag_bug_finder Beta Tester

I also agree with these thoughts.
    The new small icon is too bright and too big.
    Bring back the small icon size/colours/design. That blended more into the background.
    The new assistant stands out too much.

5. Phonemes

Phonemes Member

Also, on the topic of the assistant's size: could it be made to ignore the zoom level in browsers? Now, when I zoom in to say 130% in Firefox, the assistant's icon gets quite large.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  6. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Guys, we hear you. We'll add an option to make AdGuard icon smaller.

@Phonemes I am not sure whether we will make any changes to the zoom behavior, we are discussing it.

UMX likes this.
  7. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thank you for the feedback!

We'll basically return the old "small" size.

Technically, it is possible, but I don't think this should be a default behavior.

Guys, what's your opinion?

8. UMX

UMX Member

Well, you know I stand for clear words: Zooming Assistant icon /w site content is ridiculous. Ppl zoom bc they want text (and pics?) bigger, not to have a bloody Assistant icon block (cover) half the screen.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  9. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Hi Andre,

I'm somewhat visually impaired and I have my chrome browser and +175 to read text etc. I don't need the Adguard ICON to match the text size ever, it's BIG enough I can click on it in the small size as long as I can read the text after opening it. Hope that makes sense??

10. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

There's been another update to the Assistant (v4.1.4) which restores the correct small size for the Assistant. Make sure you check for updates in AdGuard and make sure the Assistant is at v4.1.4 AND make sure you clear your browser caches otherwise the old Assistant will be cached in the browser.

11. jh30uk

jh30uk New Member

Thanks, its back but not sure if same look as before (my imagination no doubt) lol.

12. Boo Berry

No, not the same as it's using the newer AG icon and layout. But on the bright side it's small again! :D

13. jh30uk

jh30uk New Member

The AG icon in the notification area looks very similar to the Windows Defender icon to me.

[​IMG]

14. Boo Berry

Yeah, I think the system tray icon still uses the older icon. Would like to see what the future one will look like. And yes, I do agree that it really does look like Windows Defender's icon. In fact, on my system I have both side-by-side.

15. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We are trying to make it match the default black&white style of the Windows own tray icons.