Filter List

Discussion in 'Custom Filters' started by Uwe Mueller, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Uwe Mueller

Uwe Mueller New Member

Hello everybody,
    I hope I do not annoy the professionals here too much, since my question in a similar form has certainly been asked more often. Is the selection of filters for a German user useful or missing important lists or should I remove some?

- Benutzerfilter
    - AdGuard Basis-Filter
    - Peter Lowe´s list
    - AdGuard Spyware-Filter
    - Fanboy´s Enhanced Tracking List
    - AdGuard Social-Media-Filter
    - AdGuard Ärgernis-Filter
    - Fanboy´s Cookiemonster List
    - Malware Domains
    - Spam404
    - NoCoin Filter List
    - AdGuard Deutscher Filter

Thank You and
    Greetings from Germany!

2. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Uwe Mueller

Hello,

To keep your eyes from ads on the web you need to enable AdGuard language-specific filter. All other filters are not "must-have" recommended and only gives you the ability to choose.

3. Uwe Mueller

Uwe Mueller New Member

Hello,
    many thanks for your answer. Are these filters really only responsible for blocking the advertising?
    The modules "Safe web surfing" and "Privacy protection" do the rest and the additional filters like "Malware Domains" and "Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking List"
    do not provide additional protection and potentially slow down web browsing only?

4. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Uwe Mueller

The filter does the job it's been created for. You can read the description of each filter you want to enable. All of them are unique.