Filtering causing forum posting problem....

Discussion in 'Technical Support (Adguard for Windows)' started by oldguy69, May 21, 2014.

1. oldguy69

oldguy69 New Member

I'm a new user of Adguard, recently having moved from AdMuncher. I'm on my trial period and so far all seems well except this one issue.

I've noticed that on several Lithium based forums, Adguard filtering (sometimes) prevents me from entering a space between letters or a carriage return / line break between words. I say sometimes because it's not consistent.

When I run into this issue, disabling filtering fixes the problem and allows me to type my message as desired.

Is there a setting, or some other fix, for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Greetings!

I need to ask, which filters do you have enabled and what browser(s) are you using? Also, do you have a link to a forum to test?

3. oldguy69

oldguy69 New Member

Greetings back at you. :)

My primary browser is IE 11. I have Firefox installed as a backup but don't usually use it for posting on forums.

The filters I have enabled are the defaults...whatever came with a fresh install. I'm not far enough along to customize filtering yet.

I could provide a link to a forum or two but the problem is you need to be signed in as a user in order to post. But, if it helps any, here is a forum where I've experienced the issue:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/bd-p/FiOS_Internet

Y'know, I just tried to duplicate my own problem and couldn't. I know troubleshooting intermittent is always difficult but being a newbie I figured I'd at least throw this issue out there and keep my fingers crossed that someone else has seen it and found the cause and a fix.

In any case, thanks for your prompt reply.

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

If it happens again, one thing you could try is disabling filter lists one-by-one to narrow down which filter list is causing it.

5. oldguy69

oldguy69 New Member

I will try that.

Right now I see User Filter (which is empty) and English Filter checked. Are those the ones I should uncheck one at a time?

6. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

If you are only using the english filter then its pointless disabling it, i suppose you could always whielist the forums though as i doubt their are any ads ont hem forums, im sure boo will correct this if its wrong.

@@||forums.verizon.com/

Edit:
    Just to double check you do not have the spyware filter, social etc enabled just english?

7. oldguy69

oldguy69 New Member

The spyware filter is not checked.

I just tried disabling filtering and you were correct in that the Verizon forum didn't show any ads. If I encounter the problem again I will try your suggestion, whitelisting that URL.

Thanks.

8. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Nps, i am tempted to goto my ISP forums and see if i run into issues on their forums as they use the exact same board, but i find whenever i goto their forums i start a complaint so im trying not to lol.