Filtering too aggressive

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I know, I thought it was weird too. But, I'll have to chalk it up to an IE10 issue (surprise, surprise). WordPress on the other hand is working perfectly now, thanks. I'll be testing some more websites today in four browsers looking for any potential issues. :)

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Okay, this is weird. For some reason Adguard doesn't seem to be filtering anything from the English List in Google Chrome 27 (latest stable version) or Chromium 29 (latest continuous build) even though the English filter is enabled and is working fine in Internet Explorer 10. I've tried emptying the cache and still no go. I'll try a clean Google Chrome profile here in a few and report back. Here's a screenshot of the Yahoo! homepage with an ad showing (highlighted in red) - my user filters are working fine. Odd.

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/7504/xjih.jpg

EDIT: Clean Google Chrome profile and it's still doing it. I'll try a clean Adguard install next.

EDIT 2: Clean Adguard install with default settings, still doing it.

EDIT 3: Happening in Opera 12 too - the user filters are fine, but the English filter isn't being applied it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm, what for browsers settings in Adguard?

I see Adguard Assistant on the page, so Adguard is definitely working.

Please try disabling user filter. If it does not help -- I need to know which filters are enabled.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Default settings. Tested Google Chrome, Chromium and Opera. Internet Explorer works completely fine. Yes, Adguard appears to be working because it blocks the elements from my User filter fine. Disabling the User filter doesn't make a difference. I'm only using the English filter and the User filter.

Also found another potential issue. http://www.wikipedia.org/ loads up pretty slow compared to when not using filtering or using Adblock Plus in Firefox. It's the bottom part that loads up slower than it *should*.

EDIT: English filter is failing in Firefox too.

EDIT 2: Reset Internet Explorer 10 and cleared its cache and it's happening there too. However, if I disable the English filter and enable the Russian filter, sites are filtered fine in all browsers. I'm beginning to believe it's an issue with the English filter.

EDIT 3: Yeah, I think the English filter is messed up. The last filter in the list is just / implying the filter is cut off or something. Here's a screenshot.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3258/k164.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wikipedia seems to be fixed in the minor update.
Great, now I see it too. There was a problem with filtration by IP-address. Wikipedia's main page has a lot of links to another domains, so Adguard has been trying to resolve IP-addresses of each domain and this was really slow.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Comments (provided by Disqus) for news stories on wrestlezone.com/news are being blocked when they shouldn't be. Only using English filter.

rickyoh

Beta Tester
have noticed the comments issue as well. seems to happen with disqus powered comment sections on various websites. as Venom has stated this problem is random disqus may load the comment fine on one occasion or refuse to do so on another.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
have noticed the comments issue as well. seems to happen with disqus powered comment sections on various websites. as Venom has stated this problem is random disqus may load the comment fine on one occasion or refuse to do so on another.
This could be alpha-version bug. Try updating to the last alpha-version.