Filters Not Updating In Background

silverclint

Beta Tester
Hi.

I noticed that in the 1.03 release, the app was supposed to be fixed to allow background filter updating. I am still having the issue of them not being updated with the current release. I need to manually open the app and update them.

Any news on this?

Cheers.
Clinton.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi!

In the current version filters update is a bit "random". iOS does not allow an app to spend more than 30 seconds doing anything in background, and sometimes it's not enough for updating filters (mostly because it involves compiling & loading filters in Safari which may be slow).

We will definitely fix this in the next update.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How exactly do you check it?

We'd also like to take a look at AG log file.

Please do the following:
1. Send a bug report to us through the app
2. You'll see that log files are attached
3. Post here the ticket ID you'll get in an autoreply email

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Whenever I open the app, I notice that the "Last Checked" date and time is always the time I've last checked and updated manually.

Ticket ID: TUX-631-84546
We have seen your support ticket.

For background update to work the following needs to be true:
1) In system settings, background updates should be allowed for Adguard (General-> Background App Refresh).
2) You shouldn't delete Adguard from the list of launched apps by 'bruteforce' (i.e. by doubletapping on 'Home' button and swiping up Adguard). I'd like to emphasize that this behaviour is not unique for Adguard, but rather dictated by iOS.
3) iPhone is connected to WiFi when the update is scheduled.

Please check if everything of the above is true in your case.

Last edited by a moderator:

silverclint

Beta Tester
Oh, okay. I guess the problem was that I have been closing Adguard with 'bruteforce'. I didn't realise that this would affect anything.

kantry123

Beta Tester
Oh, okay. I guess the problem was that I have been closing Adguard with 'bruteforce'. I didn't realise that this would affect anything.
well for background app working u shouldn't close the APP running ....so yeah i checked and it works fine ..!
wvwn AG team today releaed a new Update for beta testers on iOS and its also working just fine

regards