Firefox 64.0.2: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

Kliko

Hi all,

I am having the "SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER" error on every website in Firefox only.

I tried everything I could to resolve this:
- Removed the personal certificate from firefox, because it was already there and manually installed it again
- Reinstall firefox, installed the personal certificate manually.
- Tried a portable firefox, also installed the personal certificate manually there
- Reinstalled Adguard

Somehow, none of these things solve this issue but other browsers are working normal.

The problem now even persists whenever I remove Adguard from my system totally and reboot.
Basically, there is now way for me right now to use Firefox because of this, its a bit annoying.

I am using the latest Firefox 64.0.2 64bit, on Windows 10.

Anyone has any suggestions, please?

TheHasagi

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@Kliko

Hello!

Seems like this is a certificate issue. Can you be so kind, try to install the latest Nightly build and reinstall certificate AdGuard - Settings - Network - Reinstall certificate.

Also, when you are on the website what certificate displayed?

Kliko

@Kliko

Hello!

Seems like this is a certificate issue. Can you be so kind, try to install the latest Nightly build and reinstall certificate AdGuard - Settings - Network - Reinstall certificate.

Also, when you are on the website what certificate displayed?
Hi, im sorry, but, I found out what the problem is.
Somehow, Bitdefender has this effect with adguard all of a sudden.

If i turn off Bitdefender totally, and only Adguard, it works, and vice versa. Its strange because it just started to do that yesterday and im now using it for a bit already.
Not sure what to do to fix it tho :(

TheHasagi

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@Kliko

Well, try to switch between WFP/TDI driver (AdGuard - Settings - Network - Use WFP driver [on/off]) and check if it helps. Also, try to add AdGuard.exe and AdGuardSvc to the exception list of Bitdefender.

Fr9Tcm

Try disabling bitdefender ssl scanning because not only it does not offer much but also uses tls 1.2.