Firefox downlioads still intercepted by adguard

Master Li

I deactivated filtering for firefox. Adguard interferes still with firefox downloads. the adguard service uses up to one cpu unit during firefox downloads and sometimes make firefox fail some downloads. If I uninstall adguard, everything is fine.

I expect adguard to leave firefox threads untouched as long as I deactivate it.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@Master Li
Hello there!
Open AdGuard General settings > Advanced > Switch-on Use redirect driver mode.

Also, you can open the filtering log beforehand and try to upload the file. The log should contain information about the filter or element that blocked the request.

Master Li

Thank you, I tried already. Adguardsvc.exe uses significantly less CPU than otherwise (4% vs 15%). This is just because of the download in Firefox, which should not be filtered at all. And even with the smaller impact it makes some downloads fail. Significantly less, but still some. I checked the same downloads with multiple setups and they only fail, while adguard is messing around with them. If I deactivate Adguard all downloads succeed and of course there is no CPU-load.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe you're using a third-party antivirus or VPN?
Or you want to completely remove FF from the filtration?

Master Li

There is an installation of IPVanish, but I seldom use, so it is not active and not running in the background. Antivirus is built-in defender (Windows 10).

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
How big are the files you're downloading? I've downloaded multi gigabyte downloads in Firefox regularly.

Master Li

About 2 to 4 GB, about 4 to 8 simultaneously, when this happens. Single downloads succeed w/o problem, though there is the increase in cpu with adguard, too

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Now I tried to reproduce your issue and put a few 10GB files for download.
They were downloaded without any problems. But the CPU load hasn't increased much.
Although perhaps this expected behavior is because AdGuard filters all incoming and outgoing traffic, which actually increases the CPU loading.
P.S. experiment was run on FireFox 71.0 (64-bit).