Firefox extension release

Compuitguy

Hi,

it is exciting to have an extension for Firefox

using adblock plus here and will test adguard when it reaches final

but being on AMO (addons.mozilla.org) is a must for me so hoping that it gets posted there

Thanks

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I believe it will be put on AMO once ready. :) It'd make a lot of sense, especially if Mozilla decides to pull a Google and disallow third party extension installs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The extension can be used in addition to the full version - it basically replaces the Assistant when the full version is present.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Nothing - it should display all when Adguard For Windows is installed and not do anything else.

reseau2

I am using Adguard and It is working well but some site show the message that just disable ad blocking tool you are using.

AdguardPR

Administrator
Administrator
Yes, this warning exists, because huge number of sites want to make money on advertising and ask you about turning off your adblocker

randomusername

Beta Tester
I believe it will be put on AMO once ready. :) It'd make a lot of sense, especially if Mozilla decides to pull a Google and disallow third party extension installs.
The current version has been in the review queue for 22 days due to very complicated API access. We normal AMO reviewers are not allowed to review it, it's flagged for admin-only review. Else things would be faster. ;)

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The current version has been in the review queue for 22 days due to very complicated API access. We normal AMO reviewers are not allowed to review it, it's flagged for admin-only review. Else things would be faster. ;)
It is really very-very slow:( Our queue position has not changed for more than two weeks.

Compuitguy

Hi guys

About AMO

1 - Have you applied for Full Review or Preliminary Review ?

Is it better to apply for Preliminary Review at first ?

2 - Saw that you add a lot of versions there before getting reviewed and that causes the add-on to go to the back of the review queue

Is it better to leave a stable version there to get reviewed ?

And have you made changes to the add-on according to the notes from the reviewers ?

Thanks

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1 - Have you applied for Full Review or Preliminary Review ?

Is it better to apply for Preliminary Review at first ?
No difference for us. Anyway add-on requires an admin reviewer because of the code complexity and size.

2 - Saw that you add a lot of versions there before getting reviewed and that causes the add-on to go to the back of the review queue
Before adding new version I've asked Jorge if we should wait for review or we can push it.
He said that it's better to push the latest.

And have you made changes to the add-on according to the notes from the reviewers ?
Of course.