[Fixed] AdGuard's HTTPS filtering randomly fails on some sites but not all

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
I think that for some reason our SSL filter adds IP address to exclusions. Look for files with ".x" extension in the SSL folder when you run into this issue next time.
Yes that may be this case. I cleaned certificate folder yesterday before turning off the PC. Today already have one 173.194.116.128_443.x https://www.virustotal.com/en/ip-address/173.194.116.128/information/ For now I don't see any ads, will post when see some. All *.x files I currently have: 2.21.50.110_443.x 173.194.112.3_443.x 173.194.112.224_443.x 173.194.116.128_443.x So far no ads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I think you're onto something, deleting the .x file(s) after filtering failure and force restarting Adguard via batch script fixed the issue on Google News and YouTube for me. I also notice test.cer and test.pvk files in the directory, what are they for?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolfi

Banned
I think that for some reason our SSL filter adds IP address to exclusions.
Look for files with ".x" extension in the SSL folder when you run into this issue next time.
Hi Mulder,

found dozens of .x-files on my system too, all zero byte files. Very misterious...
How about you wrote that reason and some basic info (like cert info, cert (in)validity, etc) into the .x-file so one can see what AG disliked about the site?

Regards, Dolfi

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I think I may have a lead on how to reproduce this issue on-demand. It seems if you interrupt YouTube Center while its saving its settings, it causes the filtering to fail which forces me to use the workaround.

Dolfi

Banned
I think I may have a lead on how to reproduce this issue on-demand. It seems if you interrupt YouTube Center while its saving its settings, it causes the filtering to fail which forces me to use the workaround.
I never even used YT-center, have dozens of .x-files though. There must be another reason.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

new .x-files since yesterday: 31.13.84.81, 31.13.93.3 (Facebook) and 107.23.166.70 (Amazon)

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's good, at least now I understand what causes this issue.

@Dolfi, good idea with file content, I'll think about it.