Flashing Icon maybe?

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by silat, Mar 9, 2014.

1. silat

silat Beta Tester

New to ADGUARD.
    Longtime Admuncher user.
    1. How do I know AG is working? In AM the icon animates and you can open a window to see exactly what is being stopped.
    2. How do I add filters or turn off filters?

Thanks

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

I like the animated icon idea.

1. If Assistant is enabled, you should see it on the bottom right of pages by default.

2. Right click on the system tray icon for Adguard, go to Settings then Ad Blocker - there you can enable/disable lists. You can also do this from Adguard's interface by opening Adguard, click on the link bottom left to enable the Extended interface then from there go to Protection > Ad Blocker and all lists are listed there.

3. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

In my opinion animated icon is annoying.

If you use Adguard's chrome extension along with Adguard you'll see "all" marker on the icon:
    http://screencast.com/t/VO81z2rvb

We'll improve extension integration with the windows version in future - it should fully replace Adguard Assistant in Chrome and Firefox.

You can see what was blocked exactly in "Protection" - "Log" section (switch to extended interface to see it).

4. silat

silat Beta Tester

How do i turn on the chrome extension? I see the "A" bottom right on the page in FF and Chrome but I do not see the icon with "all".

5. avatar

6. Boo Berry

That'll be two of the big main browsers supported there (and by extension Opera too... not sure if Maxthon and Safari would needs its own code fork though) but that eventually leaves the giant elephant in the room... Internet Explorer, heh.

7. avatar

Safari is different from Chrome. We'll start Safari extension open beta test next week.

8. Boo Berry

It's a shame Apple stopped releasing Safari on Windows.