Google Play making it harder to install ?

danielson

Yesterday, after resetting Google Chrome, installing Adguard extension from their repo required an explicit intervention on my part to activate or allow the extension to be installed. It was an extra step after clicking on regular install button.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday, after resetting Google Chrome, installing Adguard extension from their repo required an explicit intervention on my part to activate or allow the extension to be installed. It was an extra step after clicking on regular install button.
I don't know how to comment on it. Deinstalled Adguard extension, installed it back - Google only asked me once whether I am sure I want to install it. Nothing suspicious to me.

danielson

I don't know how to comment on it. Deinstalled Adguard extension, installed it back - Google only asked me once whether I am sure I want to install it. Nothing suspicious to me.
Don't know what to make of it now either.
Was it a glitch?
I know i saw something...
Like you, i removed and re-installed on Google Chrome with no issues.
Perhaps it happened on of the other browsers I test drive (Slimbrowser, Opera and Vivaldi)?
Maybe just a heads up for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, let's call it fine for now, but if it ever shows up again, please make a screenshot of that window and let us know.

danielson

10/4 !

Adguard is the best and it would sure displease me to see it being blocked by a company like Google.