Google Project Fi VPN + AdGuard Premium combination possibilities?

EnthusiastX

AdGuard Premium uses a local VPN, while Google Project Fi uses an online VPN. AdGuard Premium can block ads, trackers, cookies, DNS, but not my actual IP address. Whenever I enable Google Project Fi VPN, it pauses AdGuard Premium protection...

Some questions:

1. Is it possible to combine AdGuard Premium's features with Google Project Fi VPN features?
2. What about combining AdGuard Premium with OpenVPN or NordVPN?
3. Where are per-app AdGuard Premium firewall controls? I'd like to specifically block some apps from accessing data/network entirely.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Hello there!
Due to the specifics of the Android operating system, you cannot use two VPN connections at the same time.
But you can use AdGuard in local HTTP proxy mode.
More information can be found in this article:
- About HTTP proxy (root/not root)

Regarding firewall controls. You need to open AdGuard settings > Apps Management > Firewall

TheHasagi

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately, there are no other options but obtaining ROOT to use AdGuard in root proxy (auto) filtering method and Google Fi in VPN.
The answer about NordVPN is here. You can control all the apps from AdGuard - Apps management menu.

EnthusiastX

Thanks! I have an off-topic question regarding iOS. Is it possible to somehow install AdGuard Premium on older iPad with iOS 9.3.5? It cannot be updated past version 9.3.5 due to its age...