Grayed-out options: can't disable AdGuard for a site, pause filtering, or pause for 30 seconds

pfarmer

Hi - I am running AdGuard 2.5.1.928 on MacOS Big Sur 11.1 and am having an issue with Safari.

When I reboot, everything works great! But after some period of minutes or hours, the ability to disable AdGuard for a site, pause filtering, or pause for 30 seconds are lost. If I try to disable AdGuard for a site, the selection to disable "pops back" so the site is re-enabled. The options to pause are grayed out, as shown in the attachment.

Pausing and then re-initiating AdGuard.app does not correct the problem. Quitting and restarting Safari does not correct the problem. Quitting and restarting AdGuard.app does not correct the problem. The only thing that seems to solve it—at least for a while—is rebooting my Mac.

Any suggestions?

1611438105466.png

oldsarge

I am also running AG 2.5.1.928 w/Big Sur 11.1 and while I do not have a specific problem, I do have a related question that has puzzled me for quite some time. I have assistant in lower right of screen. AND at the top of the screen is another AG icon, in blue and sits next to the Safari shield that came with Big Sur and blocks trackers.Clicking on it and the screen looks like what pfarmer is showing. I am confused as why there are two different displays, one showing AG on and the other disabled. And I apologize for the large screen shots.

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 8.30.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 8.31.06 AM.png

Last edited:

oldsarge

MY AG Premium runs just fine. I'm just confused by the two images I posted. Same site at same time. I do not pause; I use the do not filter for 30 seconds as shown in the second image. The first image has me baffled.

pfarmer

Thanks, oldsarge, for your reply. My post pertained to clicking on the blue shield in the Safari address bar. I hadn't tried clicking on
the free-floating AdGuard shield. Clicking on the free-floating shield gives me the behavior I wanted!

This solves my problem, sorta. But it remains a mystery why the address bar icon doesn't provide the ability to disable AdGuard for a site, to pause, or to block an ad.

oldsarge

I admit I am confused why it is there as well and why it is different. I'm guessing it is a freebie with no purpose.

NeoVg

Same problem here, the new Safari extension only works occasionally, while the legacy "Assistent for older Browsers" (which can be re-enabled in AdGuard's settings) still works as intended, but of course interferes with page content to some extend.

oldsarge

I sent an email to AG Tech Support with a link to the postings since only we new members are discussing this and arriving at no conclusion as well as no one from AG chiming in with a response. We shall see what happens. And I have a ticket number so someone should be along soon.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Hello there!

Please, try to update the AdGuard app to the Nightly version and check if the issue still persists?

oldsarge

Thanks. What is the nightly version? I thought from earlier posts that it was a beta version. Maybe I misunderstood?

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
It's more of an alpha version that's released more frequently than beta versions are. But in my experience nightly builds are actually pretty stable, and there's a chance the issue is fixed there already.