[*] Halifax.co.uk

Nameless

Beta Tester
Had an issue this morning which was soon fixed by disabling adguard (seems to be intermittent)

First i noticed that the halifax main page took longer than usual to load (this is all the time it seems),i had a white screen for a second or two longer than usual, i then went to log into my account and all seemed to be going well but as normal got my password wrong and was rejected so i went away to try and remember the correct one. Upon returning to halifax and going to sign in again i was greeted with the following message (the intermittent part).

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
Refresh did nothing along with loading the page fresh or in a private window, i then disabled adguard and the site was fine again and i could log into my account.

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Can't reproduce it. Registration was unsuccessful(without Adguard).

Nameless

Beta Tester
I'll see if i can reproduce it at some point and maybe install camtasia or something to record it. I dont use my online banking much but i needed to check my balance to buy soemthing at the time.

Nameless

Beta Tester
Any info on this yet? Just curious as to why it gets blocked now and again. Could it be my bank being "overprotective" i know i can not us there banking app on my mobile because its rooted.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Any info on this yet? Just curious as to why it gets blocked now and again. Could it be my bank being "overprotective" i know i can not us there banking app on my mobile because its rooted.
Oh, that's bad I've missed that. Looks like a bug.

Temporary solution: add your bank domain to SSL exclusions.

Nameless

Beta Tester
Started to happen on signin.ebay.co.uk i'll do a scan tomorrow incase i got something on my machine but thought id reprt here anyway.