Has anyone else received an email saying their license expired?

ChiefD

I’ve been getting an email supposedly from AdGuard, stating my license has expired. I’m on an Ipad and have IOS. So I have the app installed. When I go to the app, it doesn’t say anything about it being expired, and there doesn’t seem to be a way to renew it on the app. I’m concerned the email is phishing, but don’t know how to figure it out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bastet

There was a free 3 month license offered about 4 months ago (due to the Coronavirus & everyone working from home) for Windows, if you took up that offer then it may be this which is saying the license is due to expire.
If you hover your mouse cursor over any links this will show the real URL.

ChiefD

Thanks for the info. I’m on an Ipad and do not have a mouse, so I’ll have to do something else to figure out what the URL of the email is.

Bastet

Unfortunately with iPad if you long press on the URL with your finger it will open the link which isn’t great if it is a scam. This would be the nearest to using a mouse.

Do you have an Adguard account? If so log in & it should state whether there’s any expiring/expired licenses.