Having trouble with images in e-mail messages (Resolved)

dfleiss

Hi. I've been using AdGuard for a while, both on my Windows PC and my Android phone. Lately I've been experiencing problems on the phone.

I use the Nine e-mail app. I started to notice that images and icons in some messages weren't loading. When I turned off AdGuard (Apps Management, AdGuard protection), the images would load -- but ads would load too.

I found the URLs for some of the images I wanted to load, and I added them to the Allowlist. Then I turned AdGuard on again and tried to reload the messages, but still no images.

I love AdGuard, and I can't believe my only choice is (a) don't see some of the images in my e-mail messages or (b) no ad blocking in the messages. There must be some settings I'm not using, or using incorrectly.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

a.shulgin

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Hi. I've been using AdGuard for a while, both on my Windows PC and my Android phone. Lately I've been experiencing problems on the phone.

I use the Nine e-mail app. I started to notice that images and icons in some messages weren't loading. When I turned off AdGuard (Apps Management, AdGuard protection), the images would load -- but ads would load too.

I found the URLs for some of the images I wanted to load, and I added them to the Allowlist. Then I turned AdGuard on again and tried to reload the messages, but still no images.

I love AdGuard, and I can't believe my only choice is (a) don't see some of the images in my e-mail messages or (b) no ad blocking in the messages. There must be some settings I'm not using, or using incorrectly.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.
Most likely, some kind of filter blocks the image data.
Please follow this link and make a bug report. If the problem is in the filters, we'll make changes to them and the images won't be blocked.

dfleiss

Thank you.

After going through the AdGuard settings and completing half the bug report, when I tried to take screenshots with AdGuard on and off, I saw that now the images seem to be loading properly. I don't know if I updated a filter or something today, or what happened, but the problem seems to have resolved itself. Thank you for your help.