Hope this Area is for Android filter questions too.

Discussion in 'Custom Filters' started by Gass, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Gass

Gass Member

I only see this area for filters, is it meant for all versions of Adguard as in Android too.
    I don't want to miss up because of this-
    "NOTE: Topics about filters needs to go in the appropriate forum section below!"
    This is below that warning but my Question is filters for Androids.

I noticed in my install of Adguard for Android there are no User Filters installed under settings,

where can I read about filters to use with Android?

I would like to understand this subject field better and reading about them will mostly answer any question.

Thank you, Gass

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Yes, you can absolutely write anything about custom filters for Android here as well.

That's strange that you don't have User filter under 'Settings'. Are you sure you didn't miss it? Could you post a screenshot of your Settings screen, please?

Edit: there's not much you can read about Android mobile filter, but some minimal information along with current mobile filter rules can be found here: http://adguard.com/en/filters.html#mobile

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  3. Gass

Gass Member

Sorry for misinformation

Greetings Vasily,

I didn't mean to imply that User filter under Settings was not available (it is),
    when I click on it and it says "user filter is empty" and has an "Add Rule", which that
    is empty. (I'm sorry my question was not detailed).:)

So what I'm starting to understand about Adguard's filters (be it Android or Windows)
    versions are for the most part are already set up in Adguard and Adguard program as a
    whole is a "Install and forget it" = meaning for the most part "no user" has to add any filters.
    [would this be a correct assumption].

https://blog.adguard.com/en/adguard-news/adguard-filter-policy.html

Then only requires additional filter rules adjustments, if a website misbehaves in someway
    to not let the user then utilize that site as user had intended.

(this may help you to understand me better and my questions)
    My History:
    Worked in Construction trade all my life, and only turned on a PC in 2009, then
    bought a Android smartphone in 2013. Never been in an office environment to
    know about proper usage of PC or smartphone in those areas or to the
    APP's/Programs offered of each but,
    as I go online now in my daily life and find out about the Internet and
    how it allows sites to mine information from you and
    somewhat shape the Internet for you with Advertisements,
    not to forget about the Malicious and Phishing that's apart of the Internet.

In closing, I find peace of mind that Adguard is helping me to enjoy the Internet. :)

Thank you, Gass

4. vasily_bagirov

User filter has a much wider application than just fixing some 'misbehavings'. Basically, it's a tool to give everyone who is not satisfied with any of the default rules a possibility to adjust Adguard the way he wants. This can include things like whitelisting websites, hiding/altering elements etc.

5. Harybald

Harybald New Member

I would like to understand this subject field better and reading about them will mostly answer any question.

6. vasily_bagirov

I can recommend you this article: http://adguard.com/en/filterrules.html