How Do you update Adguard Home On Raspberry Pi?

AnthonyG

I know this is the wrong section, but I could find no forum section for Adgaurd Home so I was hoping a mod would move this to the right part of the forum.

But it's an incredibly simple request. How do you upgrade Adguard on a Raspberry Pi. I have AdguardHome 0.94 on there and there is a message at the top saying critical fix to 0.95 available. But no mention of how to update.

If I click the link it sends me to a link to download the ARM Adguard Home 0.95 but nothing else.

Do I need to do a fresh install every single time a new release of Adguard comes out. With my Pihole all I did was open up terminal and type Pihole - up. Is there something similar for AdguardHome?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@AnthonyG

Hello, the only way out for you is a complete reinstallation.
Developers are working on an update feature for your platform, so stay tuned and thanks for contacting us!

Nuke

Regarding getting AGH setup...I attempted to get AGH installed on a Pi 3b+ today and ran into problems with a "broken pipe at port 22". Guessing it has something to do with SSH. After the install, it said that AGH was up and operating at my local IP, but I couldn't access it via Firefox with 10.37.11.123:3000 address. Any ideas?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@Nuke

After the update, you enter the identical settings, as you were on version 0.94?
Maybe you introduced incorrect settings? Try reinstalling AdGuard home again.

Nuke

@Nuke

After the update, you enter the identical settings, as you were on version 0.94?
Maybe you introduced incorrect settings? Try reinstalling AdGuard home again.
That is what I did after I got that error. I have AdGuardHome up and running now on my Pi.

Thanks for the help on this, not sure what I messed up on the first install.