How to add to Whitelist in Firefox 50?

David G.

I'm trying to add a website to the Adguard whitelist using Firefox 50.0.1. I go to the Adguard settings page, then click on "Add website" ... and nothing happens!
I've tried typing the website address into the "search in whitelist" field, but again, I click on "Add website" ... and nothing happens!

How am I supposed to add a website to the whitelist?

And I wish there was a way to go to a web page with Adguard protection turned on, click on the Adguard icon, and then choose to "Allow ads on this website" instead of just "Block ads on this website"! For the most part, I want to block ads, but there are some websites that use popups to allow input of information and I'd like to always have Adguard allow ads on those sites.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@David G. Hello and welocme to the forum!

First, when you click on 'Add website' it definitely should work. When you click on it you should see this: http://screencast.com/t/15fJoDRCp

Not a case for you? Have you tried reinstalling the extension?

And I wish there was a way to go to a web page with Adguard protection turned on
You can do this. When you are on a website you want to whitelist, just open Adguard menu and click on the little switch: http://screencast.com/t/OgGmWY707K4

This will cease all filtering on this website. If you want to enable filtering back, you can click on the switch again or find the respective rule in the whitelist and delete it.

David G.

Nope, I've never seen that box open up when I click on "Add Website" - nothing happens at all. It's almost like Adguard considers that to be an ad and prevents if from loading!? I will try reinstalling the extension.

Thanks for the tip on the "switch" to turn off ad filtering on a website. Is this a "permanent" switch or do I have to do that every time I go to the site?

David

David G.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adguard - still nothing happens when I click on "Add Website."

I just noticed something: when I go into "Adguard settings" in Firefox, the URL that is shown for that page is:
chrome://adguard/content/options.html

Why would it show "chrome" here?

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is this a "permanent" switch or do I have to do that every time I go to the site?
The switch is permanent until you manually switch it back.

I just noticed something: when I go into "Adguard settings" in Firefox, the URL that is shown for that page is:
chrome://adguard/content/options.html

Why would it show "chrome" here?
It's not something unique to Adguard. Here's a good explanation:
http://superuser.com/questions/517160/why-does-firefox-use-the-chrome-protocol-schema-in-urls

From another source:
In a browser, the chrome is any visible aspect of a browser aside from the webpages themselves (e.g., toolbars, menu bar, tabs). This should not to be confused with the Google Chrome browser.
So, this has nothing to do with Google browser's name.