[HOW TO] Block YouTube Adverts using Adguard Pro

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
With the YouTube iOS app, it shouldn't be possible to remove the ads. From what I recall, the ads are encrypted in the YouTube app (same with the Android YouTube app too).

daleski75

Beta Tester
With the YouTube iOS app, it shouldn't be possible to remove the ads. From what I recall, the ads are encrypted in the YouTube app (same with the Android YouTube app too).
Odd it did work for me for a few days with using a method of blocking the URL's from where the adverts are pulled from but this was short lived. Another app which is a full blown VPN called Fogu also blocks YouTube adverts but significantly slows down when accessing websites from Safari on my iPhone 10.

BlueCarbon

There was an app called Adblock Mobile that blocked YouYube ads, but they were taken off the store. So they renamed it to Luna and made it look like a VPN so they don’t get taken off again. And it still blocks YouTube ads.

If Luna can block YouTube ads, then AdGuard should be able to too. I added the link below for reference. And Luna is not a VPN, it is only an adblocker.

Luna — Best VPN for iPhone by Emban Networks
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/luna-best-vpn-for-iphone/id1282110673?mt=8

Last edited:

Thuongquang1987

I use this way, feel very good

Download Youtube++:
https://iosninja.io/ipa-library/download-youtube-plus-ipa-ios

Then go to Settings > General > Device and Profile Management. There, trust the developer of the app

Blocking certificate revocation and blocking Chinese ads: In Adguard Pro, paste these lines into the blacklist:

ocsp.apple.com
static.zcoup.com
duclick.baidu.com
logger.zcoup.com
log.ambimob.com
api.zcoup.com
ads.mopub.com
appvalley.vip

Last edited:

Subbu

Actually, you can use Youtube++ to Enjoy Youtube Without any Adverts while watching. Yes Adguard pro version is very good, but if you don't want to use any third-party sources, then you can try Youtube++.