How to configure userscripts

bobo89

Hello, I am trying out AdGuard for PC. I am trying to replace both my AdGuard browser extension & Tampermonkey for scripts. In most cases everything is working fine. But in tampermonket menu, there are options to configure some scripts. Here is an example. I am mostly confused by Mouseover Popup script. In tampermonkey, I get something like this. But in AdGuard, how can I get to this menu.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Hello!
This function is not available for browser extensions, but it is in the desktop version of the application.
Screenshot

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
That's to edit the userscript. What @bobo89 is talking about is, some userscripts have configuration option menus accessible from the Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey extension button. It's used for things like to open userscript options and other stuff like that.

In 6.x, there was a keyboard command to access a menu in the webpage for this in AG for Windows (Shift+Alt+M), but I don't think it was added to AG for Windows 7.x. IMO, this is something that should be added back (likely to CoreLibs) as a stopgap measure.

I believe (please forgive me if I credit the wrong Team Member) that @Boo Berry in a similar yet much older thread, the easiest way to get userscripts imported was, Find desired script, copy it to a BASIC text file & paste it. Then from Extension tab within AG, start with "Add New UserScript" then use the browse option to go directly to copied script, example: Download folder.
Searching for UserScript here in the forum's can provide quite a daunting task. After reading my "paraphrase" technique (again my apologies if credit was misplaced) it was tested on a Galaxy A8 (2018) with the latest stable release fully updated 1st.
Using https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts?filter_locale=1&page=1&sort=updated I looked at various options for my own testing. When a script was found within "GreasyFork.org" by going to the "code" tab above the green install I actually found 1 quite useful for my language settings (a copy to follow) by the above mentioned method in combination with X-plore app. A quick creation of a text file within the desired folder, paste then multi window back to import & voila!

GREASYFORK BULL**** FILTER

(I'M NOT JOKING!!) is described as follows:
Hides scripts for popular browser games and social networks as well as scripts that use "foreign" characters in descriptions. Applies to posts in Forum too.
Direct
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/12179-greasyfork-bull-filter/code
(Screenshot supplied)

Attachments