How to remove icon floating on the browsers?

ndtoan

When Adguard is enable, I print some images online and it shows the circle at the end of the paper.

How can I do to remove icon floating on the browsers?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Disable the AdGuard Assistant extension from AG's settings. Alternately you can move the Assistant icon by dragging the icon around on each individual web page.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Basically starting with the next update Assistant icon won't be visible when you print the page.

Disable the AdGuard Assistant extension from AG's settings. Alternately you can move the Assistant icon by dragging the icon around on each individual web page.
This option to remove the assistant icon doesn't exist anywhere in the settings. Why would this option be removed? The icon has no purpose since there's an icon already in the top window pane. The on screen icon just takes up space and inhibits functionality of everything behind it.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
You can disable it in AdGuard Settings -> Extensions -> uncheck "AdGuard Assistant".

You see an AdGuard icon in the top window pane as you likely have installed AdGuard Extension in integration mode. Not everybody has the Extension installed too.

TheReverendCrow

AdGuard Settings -> Extensions -> uncheck "AdGuard Assistant" pathway does not exist and im seriously considering uninstalling adguard just because i cant remove the assistant from my screen

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
In Adguard for Windows, it's indeed located in AdGuard's Settings >Extensions section...

However, you have to make sure you clear the browser's cache after disabling/unchecking the AdGuard Assistant in AdGuard for Windows, or else it'll still appear as it's still cached in the browser.

KLF

Would it be possible to disable icon only from specific site?

In my case I'd like to remove it from app.plex.tv, since it is quite annoying white dot while playing a movie in full screen. It is afterall streaming video from my personal server I have at home.
In Netflix and youtube at least the icon disappears when video is full screen.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Put this rule into your user filter:
@@||app.plex.tv^$extension

Reactions: KLF

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Once you add that rule to the user filter, it might be a good idea to also clear the browser's cache or else you might still see it after adding the rule since it's cached in the browser.

fati31

In my case I'd like to remove it from app.plex.tv, since it is quite annoying white dot while playing a movie in full screen. It is afterall streaming video from my personal server I have at home.
same problem

fati31

In my case I'd like to remove it from walmartone login , since it is quite annoying white dot while playing a movie in full screen. It is afterall streaming video from my personal server I have at home.

same problem
Read the reply Blaz posted above, it has a rule to add to the user filter.
Thank you so much