How to reset settings to default & view protection log

sg09

Hi,
I purchased Adguard Premium Lifetime License (1 PC + 1 Mobile) recently during the easter promotion. I am liking it very much. I used Adguard Premium for 1 year previously in 2014 and thereafter was using the browser extensions only.

I have two questions.
1. How to reset settings to default?
I made some changes to Adguard settings and I'm having some issues with some sites and want to revert back to the default settings for checking.
2. How to view protection log?
I am mainly interested in seeing the 'Blocked Threats' log. Is it possible somehow?

I am using Windows AdGuard version 6.4.1814.4903.

I would like to know the answers for Android also?

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I can answer the first one... right click on the AdGuard icon next to the clock in the system tray > Advanced menu > Reset settings to defaults.

sg09

I can answer the first one... right click on the AdGuard icon next to the clock in the system tray > Advanced menu > Reset settings to defaults.
Thank you, done that!
Honestly, Adguard should have this settings in the GUI itself. Not many may check the tray right click menu. :)

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@sg09

Hello!

1. (Android) Settings > Apps Management (top right corner) > Reset settings
Also, Settings > Advanced > Low Level Settings > Reset

2. (Windows) AdGuard settings > Ad Blocker > Open filtering log
2.1 (Android) AdGuard > Settings > Filtering Log

sg09

Thank you @Chinaski

1. (Android) Settings > Apps Management (top right corner) > Reset settings
Also, Settings > Advanced > Low Level Settings > Reset
These seem to only reset the Apps Management settings and Low Level Settings, not the other settings, which Windows' Reset Settings to Defaults does.

2. (Windows) AdGuard settings > Ad Blocker > Open filtering log
2.1 (Android) AdGuard > Settings > Filtering Log
The Filtering logs only show the log realtime but there seems no way to have what was blocked in the past.