How to stop "suggested post" on Facebook

JohnK

Beta Tester
OMG, if I do that a sh*t load of text shows up, do you really want a screenshot of that?

Nameless

Beta Tester
Will have to wait for Avatar or one the other guys, the fb code is confusing as hell. I know i tried to block suggestions and failed miserably which is why i googled and found the code i posted on page two which im pretty sure does what you need.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, things got complicated. Maybe we could use teamviewer so i can access your computer and block this?

JohnK

Beta Tester
Thanks for your offer, but no thanks, no one get's remote access to my computer :)

If there isn't any "ad filter" solution, I'll live with it, thanks for your effort :)

Nameless

Beta Tester
Have you tried the codes i posted?

Will admit i find it odd im not getting them anymore on my pc or laptop but seen them on my tablet, suppose i could try the code on there hmm...

Also while i can understand you dont want people having access to your mac, i can assure you that you can see everything they are doing and can terminate the connection at anytime. Im sure all avatar will want is your facebook open, then he will inspect the code and figure out a fix for your problem/issue.

Edit:

Managed to get a suggested video to show, dont know how i have the filters i posted activated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Seriously, I don't understand how to distinguish suggested posts from other posts in the feed and what should I do to see these posts in my feed.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I don't even see suggested posts in my feed regardless what I try. Might need to try finding a proxy from Denmark and signing up for a new Facebook account over it, hmmm.

Nameless

Beta Tester
Yeh its confusing i admit that i spent a week trying to block stuff before.

As for what im doing, im clicking on a video that's been shared so for example "avatar shared The LAD Bible's video." The video starts to play and as its playing facebook decide they want to show you "suggestions" or "more videos like" (this one just appeared on another video) i guess they have been changing their code or something or the pages re paying to have more things shown i dont know.

Anyway it seems im not the only one that does not like this and someone asked adblock how to stop them, one there mods said use this code: facebook.com##._4-u2.mbm._la._5jmm here: https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28376&start=0 and it seems to be working for now, if it breaks anything though i dont know.

Anyway here is one video i get a suggestion from i could post a few more but im off to bed, maybe share with the team and see if you can get a suggestion? Who knows maybe its location based at the moment?
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1578636352183549

Oh im UK based.

JohnK

Beta Tester
It's weird that not all is seeing these suggested posts.
The filtercode is in the Easylist for Adblock, I tried to deactivate all one by one, until only easylist was active, so the code must be in this. I wonder what the difference is between this and easylist for Adguard, could it be that Adguards easylist is based on Adblock Pro and not Adblock filters?

Maybe a stupid question, but will it be possible for Adguard users to subscribe to Adblock Easylist filter?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe a stupid question, but will it be possible for Adguard users to subscribe to Adblock Easylist filter?
It is possible now. Also it's not necessay, Adguard's English filter extends EasyList.

JohnK

Beta Tester
Im not sure what you mean with code, Nameless!

The Adblock easylist must be different to Adguard Adblock Pro easylist, because when I use Adblock with ONLY Easylist activated, I dont get these suggested posting, but if I use Adguard with Easy list, I do see them.
The filter list in Adgurd referres to Adblock Pro and not Adblock, so maybe there are a difference.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The filter list in Adgurd referres to Adblock Pro and not Adblock, so maybe there are a difference.
It refers to Adblock Plus.

Actually all these filters subscriptions are open source and do not belong to any particular adblocker.
But ABP provides its infrastructure to EasyList authors.

JohnK

Beta Tester
Yeah OK, I'm not a pro on this, but the easylist for Adguard refers to Adblock Pro, not Adblock, could the filters be 2 separate filters? That would explain why it works on Adblock and not Adguard

Nameless

Beta Tester
They probably do use separate filters tbh im not sure but i do know that more people probably use adblock pro and there filters over adblocks. I think there was some security concerns with adblock a while back i can not remember, also i think one or maybe both allow the big companies to let through some ads but i could be wrong.

JohnK

Beta Tester
I know that Adblock Pro do let some adds slip under the radar for a fee, don't know about Adblock