How to sync my user filters to multiple PCs

shawn8888

I have two PCs running adguard for windows and an android tablet. It's annoying whenever I add a new user filter, I have to do it on both PCs. Also, I am planning adding more devices running adguard.

Is there a simple way to synchronize the user filters?

My second question:
Does adblock plus uses the same filter rules as adguard?
Because I have used adb+ for a long time and I have created a lot of filters. I was wondering if I can just copy/paste them to adguard user filter editor and retire adb+.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
It'll be easy once the AG sync feature is done. In the meantime what I do is upload my user filter to Dropbox and use the direct link and import the filter to my other PCs and it works fine that way.

shawn8888

It'll be easy once the AG sync feature is done. In the meantime what I do is upload my user filter to Dropbox and use the direct link and import the filter to my other PCs and it works fine that way.
So you need to save the filter as a file on Dropbox. Then go to AG, "import a filter" from the URL of the dropbox file.
And next time when you change/add your filter, does AG automatically sync from the URL or do you have to manually sync it?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
It's best if you model it on the filter lists and add some header stuff. Here's the stuff in mine;

Code:
!
! Title: Boo Berry's Adblocking List
! Author: Boo Berry
! Description: Additional adblocking filters maintained by whom calls himself Boo Berry.
! Version: 1.0.0.172
! TimeUpdated: 2018-07-09
! Expires: 2 days (update frequency)
Every time you make a change, increase the version and update the timeupdated date. Make sure you use the direct link on Dropbox. Just Google how to get the direct link to a file on Dropbox. :)

shawn8888

hi, Boo

Thanks for the help. I created my own filter txt file and uploaded to drop box and I also get a direct link like this:
Code:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/....S.Ad.Filter.txt?dl=0
In ADG, I added a filter and imported from the link above.

But, it doesn't get updated like the other filters. Because the other filters below get something like "2.xx from date and time" to show when it gets updated.

Help?

Shawn.Filter.png

bilan

@Boo Berry Thank you for the tip, I just configured it and it works well.
@shawn8888 I followed the explanations here:
https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000165012-how-to-create-your-own-personal-filter-list

I've put my filter file on google drive in place of dropbox, and I used the header mentioned on the page:
Code:
[Adblock Plus 2.0]
! Version:
! Title: My Personal Filter List
! Last modified:
! Expires: 7 days (update frequency)
! Homepage:
!
||taboola.com^
(all the rest of your custom filters)
Because the header of Boo Berry didn't work well. Not sure why.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: