How to whitelist a website

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by modchris, Feb 19, 2019.

1. modchris

modchris New Member

How do I whitelist a website and also a whole domain for AdGuard on Windows?

Also, on this website, after I submit information the whole page refreshes and the only thing that comes up is text on the top left saying /* Blocked by Adguard */ . I have attached an image [​IMG] to show what it looks like
    How do I stop this from happening, there are no ads on the website that need to be blocked?

Attached Files:

2. Steven Shank

Steven Shank New Member

why wouldn't you just click the Adguard icon and disable filtering on this site?

3. modchris

modchris New Member

I have tried that but it doesn't work. It simply refreshes the pages, and the same issue occurs. The only current solution is to use the disable protection option on the main screen of the windows desktop app

4. hsedidin

hsedidin New Member

Is disabling permanent or for the session.?

5. modchris

modchris New Member

Permanent - it appears in settings>ad blocker>user filter>edit when I do it, so I know it's being applied

6. MusicalWhovian

MusicalWhovian New Member

I am also having this same problem. Every time I try to disable protection on a site, the page just refreshes with the protection still on. Any help/advice, besides completely disabling protection, would be fantastic!

7. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Generally, adding a rule like this to the user filter should whitelist a site...

Code:
    @@||example.com^$important,~document,~extension
    Keep in mind, even with the rule above jsinject and extensions (like the Assistant along with userscripts) are still being used with the site (but AG shouldn't be filtering anything). If you want to also disable jsinject and extensions like the Assistant (which also includes all userscripts)...

Code:
    @@||example.com^$important,document,jsinject,extension
    Just remember to adjust the example.com part of the rule above to the domain(s) you want to whitelist. For good measure after adding whitelist filters I'd recommend clearing the browser's cache.

8. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Staff Member Moderator

If you want to disable Stealth mode, you have to add an additional rule to one of the above:
    @@||example.com^$stealth,important

@Boo Berry
    For better rule understanding the syntax important is usually to be placed at the end.