How to Whitelist Google Play App From Firewall?

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by VezZie, Aug 5, 2016.

1. VezZie

VezZie New Member

Hi, I disabled internet access (wifi+mobile) to everything, except some apps that I frequently used. But even though I gave wifi+mobile access to Google Play, I can't install new app nor update any installed apps from Google Play.

I tried giving access to "Google Play Store" & "Google Play Services" (+Clear Cache&Data) as suggested [ here ] and [ here ], but I still can't install/update apps. When I tried to install an app, it is continually in 'download pending', and AdGuard didn't give any notification for apps trying to access internet.

1 - Is there any other google play dependencies that I need to give internet access to, so I can install/auto-update my installed apps?

2- Feature suggestion/idea: Please add 'save whitelist' feature to Adguard (in case of accidental reset)
    3- Feature suggestion/idea: Please show all related system network dependencies (Like Avast Firewall)

Thank you! =)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi!

I think you have to enable connection for Downloader app as well. This should do the trick.

We have plans to make settings cloud sync, this will include whitelist as well. No specific dates for it yet, but definitely on our roadmap. Maybe we will even implement whitelist import/export before the whole sync feature.

Can you describe this Avast feature a little more? Sounds interesting.