How Well Does Adguard compare?

Discussion in 'Discussion (Adguard for Windows)' started by chromatinfish123, Apr 20, 2014.

1. chromatinfish123

chromatinfish123 Beta Tester

Just curious, how does Adguard compare to Admuncher, AdBlock, and Adblock Plus? Is Adguard better than Admuncher, or the other way around, and why?

How does the extension differ from the full version? :confused:

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Each has it own strengths and weaknesses. In my opinion Adguard's better, but that's a given. ;)

3. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I prefer the application myself because i can switch browsers and know that ads are going to be blocked instantly without me having to install another extension or having to re-enter all my codes, it also supports https (unlike admuncher that costs more), can block ads in applications (though ive not tried this and its not fully supported yet) i also prefer it as its easier to edit my codes.

basically i just prefer the application because its easier to manage and sort things out, plus if you wanted to you could add a password and use it to block off sites and probably links that kids might click to buy premium items in games.

4. chromatinfish123

chromatinfish123 Beta Tester

I'm already using Adguard, and it is superior. I'm using IE 11 (what?) and it is the only way to block ads without installing extensions. I also appreciate that multiple browsers can be used ad-free. I jump back and forth because none can outweigh the other.

5. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

I'm the same way, I've got like 10 browsers installed and I switch between them at random and it's pretty nice to have one central ad blocker for all of them.